- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups (10 ounces) chopped fresh mushrooms
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach or 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Put 1 cup of quinoa and 1 tablespoon of cheese into a 9-inch pie pan and mix gently with a fork. Spread the mixture into an even layer in pie pan and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then add the mushrooms, scallions, and bell pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
To the skillet, add the spinach and cook for 3 minutes longer, until the spinach wilts. Stir in the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes, until the mixture is heated through.
Spoon the vegetable mixture into the pie shell (it should be very juicy). Spoon the remaining quinoa on top of the vegetables, forming an even top layer. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese.
Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the top is browned. Serve hot.